The Dancer in the Shadows

Monday, October 25, 2004

sanity

again, my own lunacy is brought front and center for me to examine ...
and i think i'm comfortable with being insane. living in this world,
sanity is so oft challenged that the border between sane and insane
depends on who draws the line today. and does it really matter? for each
of us who draws breath, i'm fairly certain we can think of at least one
person we know that thinks us insane and at least one who thinks us
sane. i happen to think myself insane. and i think i deal with it very
well. i still have bizzare impulses, but i don't act on them nearly as
often as i once did. developing the capacity to think before acting on
an impulse was a challenge to be sure. but a worth while challenge.

and now my mind has drifted away and I forgot what else I was going to
say.

--- The Dancer in the Shadows

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home