The Dancer in the Shadows

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Testing Results: Quirky and Inconsistent

I have done preliminary testing of blog posts via SMS, MMS, and email, and am not completely satisfied with any of them.

Email posts appear in drafts as expected; however, they are devoid of all "extra" line breaks that make paragraph differentiation so much easier and I am left with a single huge block of text. So far I have not found a way to disable this unwanted "cleaning" of my posts.

SMS posts publish instantly without a title. The lack of a title I somewhat expected, but am not happy with. The instant posting surprised me as I expected it to be held in drafts after having configured remote delivery posts to be held in drafts. It seems that does not apply to SMS remote delivery...

MMS posts share the unexpected instant posting with SMS, and I don't seem to have any control over where picture files show up (the very start of the post, just below the title), but my extra line breaks are all present. The largest limitation of the MMS posting is size; it is limited to only one kilobyte. This is an MMS limitation outside of the control of the blogging service. Also not likely to be a problem very often. One kilobyte is a lot of text for typing on a phone, and the picture attachments do not seem to count toward the one kilobyte limit.

I will likely do more testing as time goes on, but so far I think my best bet for posting remotely will be to email to myself, and then copy/paste when I am at a computer.

--- The Dancer in the Shadows

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home